The Joy of Sailing Goes to the Caribbean! British Virgin Islands!
Couples and singles welcome.
Passengers: Up to 6 each boat; 2 per cabin
We are confirmed on a 43 foot Beneteau Oceanis 43 The boat will have 3 cabins, 2 heads,. The boat will carry full liability and damage insurance You’re in good hands, this will be Capt Lynda’s 5th BVI trip! You will be asked to sign the typical waiver of release of liability for the Captain. (see boat details included here under separate cover).
Captain: Lynda Stephens, 50 Ton Master USCG Captain’s License; US Sailing Instructor. You will be asked to pitch in to help sail the boat…but trust us, it’s so much fun and very easy!!
Base Cost: Double Occupancy Cabins: $1,550 per person
Includes: First night sleep on the boat in the marina, sailing for the dates noted in the trip descriptions, provisions up to $800, BVI required sailing permits, fuel, and petty cash for daily ice and garbage costs.
Flight/Taxi/Ferry: You’ll fly into St. Thomas and Ferry to Road Town, Tortola BVI then taxi to port. Alternatively, you can fly into Tortola (Beef Island Airport). Then you would taxi to the port where we pick up the boat (Fort Burt Marina)
Flights into Beef Island/Tortola are more expensive than St. Thomas flights
Taxis are not outrageous
St. Thomas to Road Town Ferry is approx.. $103 round trip (https://www.roadtownfastferry.com/)
Covid Testing: It’s possible that the BVI will go back to requiring testing but as of now it does not.
Customs: There is about a $20 fee when returning to St. Thomas from Tortola
Travel Health Insurance: This too is no longer required at this time
Dinners: $30-$40 pp each night - Yep, this is excellent island restaurant food but pricey
Provisions: Cost split for anything over the allocated budget (budget is $800)
Fuel: The first $150 is covered and anything above that is split by crew (usually not more than $10 a person if we do go over). We use little fuel as we sail most of the time.
Deposit Required ASAP: Reserve your spot with a deposit of $700 each person
The remaining $850 per person is due December 1, 2022. We do have trip cancellation insurance in case anything happens to me, your captain. More details on cancellations and refunds during our first zoom meeting.
Trip 1 – Feb 18-26 Fully Booked
Trip 2 – Feb 26-Mar 6 Full Booking Pending
Trip 3 – Feb 11 – 18 Singles and couples available
Trip 4 – Mar 6 – 14 Singles and couples available
How to Pay: Please pay by Venmo
1. Choose your dates, email Lynda to confirm
2. Send your deposit
3. Send a copy of your passport to email@example.com. This info is required by the charter boat company when I make the booking
4. Get your flights and your ferry tickets (see link above)
5. Make sure your passport is in order and will not expire for at least 90 days AFTER your arrival.
6. Send Lynda your email address; we will set up our first video call for around November 17. All sailors will meet each other and learn more about logistics and the fun we’ll have!
Post Sail Plans - Once the crew list is set, we will coordinate our post sail plans. In the meantime, here’s some helpful info:
· We return to port at 11 am on the last day of our charter and it will take and hour to depart the boat so we are done around noon.
· It is possible to catch a ferry that day, but check the schedule carefully to be sure you have 45 minutes to transport and navigate customs
· Make sure your flight STT to the mainland gives you at least 2 hours between the time you arrive in STT on the Ferry return and depart on your flight.
· Tortola is fun and worth exploring if you want to stay an extra day or two. Lots of Air BNB.
· If you are flying out of Beef Island/Tortola you need about 30 mins to transport to the airport
No Refund – The boat is under contract at the point of deposit so there is no refund if the trip is a go and you decide to back out. We have to do this because others will lose their trip if someone ducks out so this ensures the trip goes on, even if a conflict arises for one of the crew members. There is such a thing as vacation insurance (different from above-mentioned travel insurance for the BVI government) that you may want to check out to help you recover your costs in the event of an emergency.
About Covid Requirements:
Please go to this link for information. As of now, there are no requirements but things change so we will keep an eye on this website.